robert g. baldassari, cpa
Robert G. Baldassari is a Principal of Matthews, Carter & Boyce, joining the firm in 1996. Bob has extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical practice management, serving this industry for nearly 40 years.
Bob’s expertise includes accounting and financial management, tax planning and compliance services, practice management consulting and development, personal financial and estate planning, internal accounting controls and office automation consulting.
Bob is a recognized tax expert. He is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Taxation Committee. He has presented more than 70 tax-related presentations as a tax expert, has published several tax-related articles and appeared on television as a tax expert. He was an adjunct professor of Advanced Federal Taxation. Bob has been an Instructor of Continuing Professional Education courses for the Greater Washington Society of CPAs, the Virginia Society of CPAs and other CPA firms on tax-related topics.
Bob’s clients include closely held businesses, medical and dental practices, and high net worth individuals.
CONNECT WITH BOB
EXPERIENCE & AWARDS
- Certified Public Accountant – Commonwealth of Virginia
- Authorized Professional Ethics Instructor – Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Qualified Expert Witness – Fairfax County Circuit Court, Fairfax, Virginia
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES
- “2014 Outstanding Member of the Year” by the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Washingtonian Magazine “Top Money Adviser” – 2002, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2016
- Virginia Business Magazine “SuperCPA” – 2003 – 2016
- Northern Virginia Magazine “Top Financial Professional” – 2010-2012, 2015, 2016, 2020
- Smart CEO Magazine “Smart CPA” – 2008 and 2011
- “Who’s Who in Finance and Industry”
- “Who’s Who Among Italian Americans”
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIPS
- Virginia Society of CPAs
- Past Chairman, State Taxation Committee
- Board of Directors, 1994-1995, 1996 – 1999 and 2003 – 2005
- Professional Ethics Committee, 1997 – 1999, 1999 – 2003 and 2014 – 2016
- Northern Chapter, Virginia Society of CPAs
- Chairman, Management of an Accounting Practice 2008 – Present
- Past Chairman, Taxation Committee
- President, 1994 – 1995
- Board of Directors, 1991 – 1996
- Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council
- Medical Group Management Association
- American Trauma Society Advisory Board
- Medical Economics magazine
- Editorial Consultant – Taxes and Personal Finance, 2003 – Present
- Italian Cultural Center, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 1999 – Present
- Treasurer, 1999 – Present
- Italy American Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors, 1997 – Present
- Treasurer, 1997 – Present
- Sons of Italy – International Chapter
- Treasurer, 2013 – Present
- INOVA Health System Foundation, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2001 – Present
- Audit & Compliance Sub Committee, 2012 – 2015
- Gift & Estate Planning Advisory Council
- REBUILD Advisory Committee
- United Cerebral Palsy of Washington & Northern Virginia
- Board of Directors
- Trauma Survivors Network
- National Advisory Committee, 2010 – Present
- Bachelor of Science – Accounting, Strayer College, Washington, D.C.
- Masters of Science – Taxation, Southeastern University, Washington, D.C.