Please join Matthews, Carter & Boyce in support of this worthy cause:
On November 5, 2011, Sue Baldassari will be participating in the annual Walk Like MADD event, which will be held at the Battlefield High School Stadium, in Haymarket, VA. This is a fundraising event for MADD, and the proceeds will help provide services to families and victims of drunk driving, will continue to implement educational programs, and continue the work with local and state legislators for more effective and common-sense laws.
Drop Off Shoe Donations at MCB
One of the exhibits at the November 5, 2011 walk, will be one pair of shoes for every person who died on Virginia roads as a result of an alcohol-related crash. Sadly, we need 274 pairs of shoes. After being on display at the MADD event, the shoes will be donated to a local church/charity who will distribute the shoes to the homeless.
If you have a pair (or pairs!) of shoes that you are able to donate (still wearable, please), please deliver them to our office at 11320 Random Hills Road, Suite 600, Fairfax, VA by November 3, 2011.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit grass roots organization with over 200 field sites nationwide. MADD is not a crusade against alcohol consumption. MADD’s mission is to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime, and prevent underage drinking.
A few statistics which may alarm you:
- Last year, 10,839 people died in drunk-driving crashes – one every 50 minutes.
- Every minute, one person is injured from an alcohol-related crash.
- One in three people will be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lifetime.
- MADD serves a victim or survivor of drunk driving every 9 minutes.
- Teen alcohol use kills about 6000 people each year, more than all illegal drugs combined.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and one out of three of those is alcohol related.